Symptoms of Hearing Loss
If you, or someone you know, are experiencing one or more of the following problems, then it’s time to consider getting your hearing evaluated:
- People seem to be mumbling.
- You have to strain to hear when someone talks or whispers.
- You have difficulties hearing someone call from behind or from another room.
- You need to watch a speaker’s lips more closely to follow the conversation.
- Following a conversation is difficult in meetings, at church, or in lectures.
- You have to turn up the volume on the TV or radio.
- You find it hard to hear clearly on the telephone.
- You have difficulties hearing at the theater, cinema, or other entertainment venues.
- It is hard to hear in noisy environments like a restaurant or a car.
- You tend to limit your social activities because it’s difficult to hear and communicate.
- Family, friends, or colleagues mention that they often have to repeat themselves.