Sinus Pain | Springfield, MA
Medical and Surgical Treatment of Sinusitis
At Ear, Nose & Throat Surgeons of Western New England, LLC, our physicians specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic sinusitis. The term sinusitis has been used to describe an inflammatory condition of the nose and paranasal sinuses that presents with symptoms including nasal congestion, facial pain/pressure, and purulent nasal discharge.
Frequently upper respiratory infections, allergy and environmental irritants lead to obstruction of the sinus ostia (drainage pathway). Our physicians utilize the latest in-office technology including nasal endoscopy to identify these problems.
Our physicians are trained to perform many procedures related to nasal and sinus disease:
- Minimally invasive endoscopic sinus surgery Frequently called “functional endoscopic sinus surgery” this technique opens the natural sinus drainage pathways, preserving as much normal tissue as possible to assist with medical management.
- Image guided sinus surgery Our physicians were the first in Western Massachusetts to utilize this state-of-the-art technology to reduce complications and assist with revision surgery.
- Endoscopic orbital decompression for Graves disease
- Endoscopic resection of nasal and sinus tumors
- Endoscopic repair of cerebrospinal fluid leaks
Minimally invasive surgery is performed by our physicians at the Pioneer Valley Surgicenter, Baystate Medical Center, and Mercy Medical Center.