Barry R Jacobs MD FACS
Barry Jacobs, MD, FACS, is Board Certified in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery with a specialty in pediatric ear, nose and throat diseases. He has advanced training in the diagnosis and management of allergic diseases including immunotherapy, and over 23 years of extensive experience in the management of adult and pediatric emergencies.
Dr. Jacobs is nationally and locally active in socioeconomic organizations including being a board member of Baycare Health Partners and Vice President of the Greater Springfield Independent Physicians Association. His professional interests cover all topics related to ear, nose and throat with a specialized interest in pediatric head and neck disorders, advanced sinus surgical treatments, and allergy diagnosis and treatment. He is dedicated to providing the best ear, nose and throat care to the Western Massachusetts community.
- Bachelor of Science, Biochemistry: University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Medical School: Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- Internship, General Surgery: St. Elizabeth's Hospital, Boston, MA
- Residency: Boston University/Tufts University Combined Program in Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery, rotating through Lahey Clinic, Boston Medical Center, New England Medical Center, The Veterans Hospital and Boston Children's Hospital
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery at Tufts Univ School of Medicine
- Chief of Otolaryngology at Baystate Medical Center
- On Staff at Baystate Mary Lane Hospital, Mercy Medical Center, The Shriners Hospital for Children and the Pioneer Valley Surgery Center
- Fellow of and Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Past President of the Massachusetts Society of Otolaryngology
- Member of the Massachusetts Medical Society and the Hampden District Medical Society
- Invited Guest and Lecturer at colleges, universities, medical schools and hsopitals presenting on ear, nose and throat injuries and diseases
- Adult and pediatric head and neck surgery
- Pediatric disorders of the ears, nose and throat
- Allergy diagnosis and treatment
To leave a review for Dr. Jacobs on Vitals.com, please click here.