Gastroesophegeal Reflux Precautions
- Sleep with head of bed elevated 30-45 degrees. Place large telephone book or wooden block under head of mattress/box spring.
- Avoid foods and drinks which contain caffeine (chocolate, coffee, tea, colas, etc.).
- Decrease alcohol and tobacco intake.
- Avoid eating for 2-3 hours prior to bedtime.
- Eat frequent small meals, instead of three large meals.
- If directed by your doctor, antacids should be taken 1 hour before meals and at bedtime.
- Take all prescription medications as directed.