We will make every effort to accommodate your schedule in setting up routine appointments. We suggest calling four to six weeks in advance to assure the most convenient time is available. To help you navigate through our new telephone system easier, please refer to the list of prompts below. These prompts will expedite your wait time on the telephone.
- Physician to Physician
- Scheduling and confirming appointments
- Audiology Department / Hearing Aid
- Triage questions and prescription refills
- Billing Questions
- Surgical & Diagnostics scheduling
- Directions to 100 Wason Ave.
- Return to Main Menu / Operator
For an overview of all office policies, fax numbers and/or directions to our locations – please visit our website's Office Policies Page
- To schedule an appointment in any location, please call our main number: (413) 732-7426
- Your co-payment, co-insurance or any applicable deductible is expected at the time of your visit.
- If you cannot keep your appointment, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance. This courtesy makes it possible to give your appointment to another patient. There is a surcharge for missed appointments without proper notification.
- If you are late for any reason, we will make every effort to fit you in, but please understand that this may not be possible and the appointment may have to be rescheduled.
- We make every effort to be on time for your appointment. However, emergencies and complex patient problems sometimes cause disruptions to our schedule. We understand the inconvenience this may cause you, and we will do our best to inform you if we anticipate an extended delay.
- Please bring any appropriate test results, X-Rays, medical records and/or hearing tests with you or request that they be sent directly to our office. Please do not rely upon a third party to forward your records -- we request that you hand carry all pertinent information to your appointment.
- Bring a list of your current medications to your visit